Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 20, 2014

More and more

Hello and Happy Easter. Today I'm going to eat dinner at the home of my Honey's Mom. She is fixing soft veggies for me and I'll be eating something I'm not used to so I'm really looking forward to it. I want to talk a little about focus.

I've joked that I have ADD. I have never been diagnosed but I have a lack of focus a lot of the time. I've always been easily distracted. I have a crappy memory and often forget what I'm supposed to be doing. In order to use the weight loss surgery to the best advantage I'm going to have to do better. I'm finding old habits of night eating coming back. I'm eating too much and too often, with no thought going into it. I have head hunger. Habit hunger. And I've been told to get me to a therapist. That is something I really don't want to do. I spent three and a half years in therapy. It's really hard to break in a new therapist. I keep hoping to find new ways to deal with the problems. Before I go to a therapist I'm going to try setting eating and snack times and posting them in the kitchen. I also forget meds and can use the same system. It's like training a 2 year old only I'm the toddler. Old dog plus new tricks equals improved systems. I hope.

No comments: