Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ya never know

I know one thing to be true. That is, you never know what is going to happen. The Boy Scout motto is Be Prepared. But we're talking about boys. If you are an older woman, prepared isn't possible. I'm just glad there is always tomorrow.

I ordered wood to have my floors done. It took 6 weeks to get wood. Then it wasn't what I ordered but I took it because I didn't want to have to wait another 6 weeks. That would put it after the weight loss surgery. And it was hard enough without being post op. So the time for the wood floor installation finally came. But someone hadn't ordered the transition pieces to go between the rooms. More money out and a wait to have it done. And they forgot to do the quarter round around the fireplace. Again, more things still to be done. So what happened next. I had lost a crown and needed to have a tooth pulled. I was sent to an oral surgeon. Last Friday I had the tooth cut out and a bump taken off my lip. The same week I had the wood floor put down. And then Saturday morning the computer came home. Where it belongs. Fixed. And my honey bear is finally settling down some. He's a gamer and was totally unhappy about the 4 weeks he couldn't play. I think it may be worse than having the flu. Men are such babies when something goes wrong.

Since I couldn't get out much last week, I have a lot of errands to run this week. And the high temp for today will be 23 with wind making it feel like 10. The truck hates this weather. It becomes like a carnival ride with knocks, pings, bounces, and seizes. What fun this is going to be.

By the way, I have also discovered that it really is possible to predict the weather by knee joints and back pains. Am I good or what?

I did something weird the other day. I happened to catch the cooking show of Paula Deen's son. I watched while he did fish and chips. I loved the way the fish turned out so I tried it the next day. It rocked. He cut the Cod into fingers, made a batter of beer and flour, used canola oil to cut down on burning. He didn't use a lot of oil and the fish wasn't greasy. We both loved it and I will definitely do it again. I'm looking for good recipes for fish to use after the surgery. Given that the fish was lightly breaded(and I mean very lightly) and pan seared, it will be one of my go to recipes. I'm not usually a recipe follower so this was really odd for me. And good.

I'm sending out best wishes and loving thoughts to all of those who have to deal with the latest cold and snowy weather. I hope the winter blast this time is kinder than the last one and that no lives are lost.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

I love fish and chips but have yet to find a recipe i like. Was this deep fried or pan fried?